Sample Itinerary - Design Your Own! Questions? Call 706-362-0565
“La Costa Brav
a is a unique destination with the Mediterranean Sea, mountains, culture, history and cuisine close at hand.” It is a composite of sensations and contrasts with over 200kn of coastline running from the rock cliffs and small coves near the French border to the fine sand beaches of the south. Much of the natural beauty and scenery has been preserved intact and the mild climate permits year round activities in the most natural of settings.
You can do everything or nothing, but it must be experienced.
Our Cities and Towns:
The vibrant metropolis of Barcelona from the rolling forested hills to the sundrenched beaches and major port has been one of Europe’s favorite vacation destinations for years. The city showcases over 2000 years of architectural treasures from the Roman-era towering columns and ancient city walls, to the Gothic quarter with its shadowy lanes, tranquil plazas and 14th Century Cathedrals dating back to the middle ages.
It has an urban diversity and a unique awareness of style and design and the temperament of Southern Europe. Stroll the streets with shops of every description, eat at the great restaurants, and enjoy the nightlife.
with its old town and attractive old Jewish center full of shops and museums, narrow tangle of cobbled lanes, medieval city walls, and mosaic of historic monuments should not be missed. The old town dating back before Roman times is separated from the growing and modern new town with its restaurants and shops by the river Onyar.
is a quaint and lovely Mediterranean seaside town. There is a compact old town with narrow streets that wind past churches, museums and artist galleries down to the palm lined promenade. Enjoy the cafes and shops as you stroll the waterfront down to the Marina with all its wonderful waterfront restaurants.
is a picturesque medieval hilltop village close to the sea with historic buildings, narrow streets, artisan shops and squares full of outside cafes.
- In this tiny charming ancient village the experience is just walking, looking and imagining how life was those many years ago. As you walk the peaceful streets you will find yourself transported back to a more simple time.
on the rocky coast with beautiful beaches and quiet coves has a Mediterranean air and a seaside flavor and has long provided inspiration for artists and famous painters.
Cap de Creus National Park
with its natural wonders will leave a lasting imprint on your memories. This is a biological paradise of forests, meadows, cliffs and hidden coves. One third of the Costa Brava is protected in Natural Parks. Nearby St Pere de Rodes is a beautiful peaceful seaside village.
, close to Girona
, in the vicinity of the volcanic zone enjoys a natural setting surrounded by green hills and a beautiful lake. Here you will find medieval 14th and 15th century ancient buildings including the Neo Classical monastery of St. Esteve and the church of Santa Maria del Turers.
Montserrat Mountain and Monastery
From this mountain north of Barcelona you have an expansive view into the landscape of Catalonia. Here in this 10th Century Benedictine Abbey with its unique beauty and spirituality, here inside the Bascilica you can see the statue of the Black Madonna. In the museum you can see works of art by famous artists such as Dali and Monet along with liturgical and archaeological exhibits.
Hotel Carlemany Girona
is a 4* located right in the heart of the city close to the main city attractions and its cozy and friendly atmosphere. It was recently renovated with attention to every detail.
Gran Hotel Havana Barcelona
is a 4* that is located in the historic 1872 L. Fradera house. It is right in the center of the city only a step away from the most emblematic buildings of Gaudi: the “Sagrada Familia, Casa Batllo, and La Pedera” and right next to the mythical “Ramblas” and “Barrio Gotico”. It boasts a panoramic terrace with a swimming pool solarium and sauna.
Our Golf Courses:
Real Club de Golf El Prat
- This 45-hole Greg Norman design private course is set in the beautiful rolling countryside on the outskirts of Barcelona. A test for any level of golfer. It was the site of the 2011 and 2015 Spanish Opens.
- This course has often been called the “jewel in the crown” and has been voted as one of the five best in Continental Europe and among the top 100 in the world. It has twice been the home of the finals for the PGA qualifying school, was Spain’s choice for and runner up for the site of the 2022 Ryder cup and has hosted three Spanish Opens. With its fairways lined with trees, bunkers and water hazards it is perfect for discerning golfers who like a challenge.
- Robert von Hagge has created some of the world’s most renowned courses and Emporda marks his entry into the Spanish market. Emporda is a combination of four nine hole courses that have been combined to form two completely different 18 hole layouts. One is a links style with lakes, dunes and extensive bunkers and the second winds through Mediterranean pine typical of the area and is protected by them from the winds.
- This Jim Fazio, FW Hawtree, Manuel Pinero design is the second oldest in Catalonia having been founded in 1922. The course has views out over the Mediterranean from many holes, with strategically placed and manicured greens along with many water hazards.
You will be met upon your arrival in Barcelona
and transferred to the Hotel Calemany
or similar in Girona
. You will have time to rest from your journey before welcome cocktails with your guide, and then you will be free to wander the area and have dinner on your own.
Today your group will have a full day tour of the city of Girona
including The Jewish Quarter, the Old City and the City Walls.
Tonight you will be treated to dinner at a special restaurant in the city before retiring to your hotel.
Day 3 (B)
Today after breakfast the golfers will be taken to play a round at Emporda Golf
The non-golfers will have a tour of the village of Pals
, lunch (not included) and time to wander through Peratallada
and then a short visit to the coast.
The golfers and non-golfers will join together in the afternoon for a tour and tasting at a local winery before returning to the hotel for dinner on their own.
Day 4 (BL)
Today the entire group will have an exciting day touring Cadeques
, Cap de Creus
and Sant Pere de Rodes
The group will return to Girona
for a last night in the city and dinner on your own.
Day 5 (B)
Today after checkout the golfers will be transferred to play the exciting PGA Catalunya
The non-golfers will be taken to visit Banyoles
and the Volcanic area of La Garrotxa Nature Preserve
In the afternoon both groups will join up and be taken to check into the Gran Havana Barcelona Hotel
or similar. Tonight dinner is on your own.
Day 6 (B)
Today the group will all have a full 8 hour tour of all the wonder Barcelona
has to offer. Tonight after returning to the hotel you will be free for dinner on your own.
Day 7 (BD)
After breakfast everyone will be transported to Sitges
where the golfers will play the beautiful Sitges Terramar
The non-golfers will have the day to tour Sitges
, enjoy lunch on your own and shopping before joining up with the golfers for a wine tour and tasting.
Tonight dinner will be at one of the great waterfront restaurants in the Marina. The group will then be transferred back to their lodging in Barcelona
Day 8 (BD)
Today the golfers will play Real Club de Golf El Prat.
The non-golfers will be taken to visit and tour Montserrat Mountain and Monastery. You will return to Barcelona for the balance of the afternoon before being taken for a farewell dinner at a great local restaurant in the Old Port.
Day 9 (B)
Checkout, gather up your memories and you will be taken to the airport in Barcelona for your flight home or to continue on your journey.
We will be happy to plan additional days in this area, other parts of Spain or any other great European destination. This is an example tour and can be modified and changed to fit any desires, or budget.
Included With This Tour (Based on 20 Travelers)
• Price per person in double room 8 nights
• Bed and Breakfast basis
• All transfers
• Welcome cocktail
• Day tour and dinner in Girona
• Wine tours in Emporda and Sitges
• Cadeques tour with lunch
• Tours of Banyoles and La Garrotxa
• Full day tour of Barcelona
• Tour of Sitges and dinner in Sitges Port
• Dinner in Old Port Barcelona
Golf Package Supplement
• One green fee Sitges Terramar Golf Course
• One green fee Real Club El Prat Glf Course
• One green fee PGA Catalunya Golf Course
• One green fee Emporda Golf Course
• Buggies or caddies not included